30 April, 2014

Musaca (Moussaka)



SORRY
Had a little problem with some pictures, they got deleted.
 I will remake the recipe and post them again .







 Like most of the recipes from my childhood this is also from my grandmother. I have to specify that her mother, my great grandmother, was a chef cook near the Romanian sea-side, where usually you can find lots of different cooking styles, merged with the local ones. Like always, I can't stop myself from trying to improve the recipe a little... and I think I did it :)


(my own kind of own recipe)
Serves 2
  • Needs two small pots with lid (450 ml)

Ingredients:
  • 500 gr minced pork (or minced pork-beef mix,  it needs to have at least 10% fat)
  • 1 medium onion
  • 1 garlic
  • 1 egg
  • 2 potatoes
  • little butter to grease the pots
  • salt and pepper
  • 1/2 tsp dill
  • 1/2 tsp oregano
  • tomato puree or paste
  • cheese to sprinkle on top 
Step One
 Clean and chop the onion and garlic. Place the minced meat in a bowl, add the onion, garlic, egg, salt, pepper, dill and oregano and mix well.

Step Two
 Clean and cut the potatoes in thin slices. Grease the pots with the butter and place a layer of potatoes on the bottom, followed by a layer of the meat mixture. Repeat the process until the pots fill up and cover the top with the tomato puree (if you are using a thick paste, you should mix it with some water). Finally, place the cheese on top.

Step Three
 Heat the oven to 250 °C and place the pots with the lid on a tray with water for 40 min. Afterwards take the lid off and let them for another 5-10 min to let the cheese take a nice color.



ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment